sugar-1 1/2 cups
ghee-1 table spoon
1.Mix the color powder and salt in the water and keep aside.
2.Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and fry the cashew nuts and dry grapes and keep aside
3.In the same pan roast the semiya until slightly golden in color.
4.Pour the water on the roasted semiya and let it cook for a while.
5.When almost all the water has been absorbed add the sugar,crushed cardamom,and the fried cashew nuts and dry grapes
6.Keep stirring until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
7.Now its ready to serve.
Friday, 14 May 2010
Onions chopped-a handful
1/2 Tomato- 1/2 chopped finely
Green chilli-2 chopped
Turmeric powder-a pinch
1. Mix all the ingredients except bread in to a thick batter without adding water.
2. Dip each piece of bread in the batter and coat both the sides. As the batter is thick, you might have to use your hand to place some veggie-yogurt mixture on the bread.
3. Heat a flat non stick pan. Add 1/2 tsp oil. Place the bread slice and add few drops of oil along the edges. Cook on medium flame for about 3 minutes.
4.Flip the bread and toast the other side for few more minutes until golden brown.
5.Serve with ketchup.
This is a very quick breakfast or snack dish, if you have aval at your hand.It can be eat as it is.No side dish is required.Aval is called flattened rice in english and poho in hindi
Aval- 2 cups
Mustard seed-1/2 teaspoon
Urad dhal-1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
Red chilli-2 or 3
1. In a bowl, wash and soak the aval with just enough water to cover it and set it aside for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes drain the water from the aval
2. Take a pan, heat some cooking oil, add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter. After the mustard splutters, add urad dhal, dried red chilli and curry leaves and fry until the urad dhal turns light golden brown in color.
3. Add the pepper powder,cumin powder and salt in the pan.
4. Add the softened aval, mix everything well and turn off the stove after 2 minutes.
5. Aval upma is ready in 5 minutes.